Identify the key regional hubs of technical innovation.
Cultivate community relationships and build understanding of the technology landscape, culture, and networks.
Create awareness of Government challenges and viable paths for funding.
Identify dual-use technologies of general interest to Government.
Convene to facilitate relationships, create opportunities, and explore interest in promising technologies for sustained engagement.
Click on pinsto learn more about these locations.
New York, NY
Colorado Springs, CO
Los Angeles, CA
Las Vegas, NV
Bridging Innovation with Air Force Techstars Autonomous Technology Accelerator
What did we do?
We sourced companies for the inaugural AF Techstars Autonomous Technology Accelerator and provide government connections and opportunities post-program.
For the next program, MITRE will source companies, develop workshops, provide technical and domain mentoring, offer access to lab facilities, and engage interested sponsors in how to take part in the program.
- 1 of the 10 inaugural cohort companies was a MITRE recommendation
- Expanded the AF Techstars network by connecting the program to multiple Boston-area resources
- Increased funding opportunities through direct introductions to the Rapid Reaction Technology Office (RRTO) (OSD – $100M in potential funding)
- Exposed the program to various federal sponsors, including organizing a showcase event with SECAF Heather Wilson
- Identified opportunities for joint collaboration; submitted proposals for internal MITRE funding
- Continued collaboration with other innovation organizations such as AFWERX, MD5, and other accelerator programs
MITRE has been a valuable partner to the Air Force Accelerator Powered by Techstars. Marissa, Russ, and team have turned up opportunities inside the DoD for cohort companies to sell their products and have fostered introductions into MITRE where startups could utilize resources such as subject matter expertise, laboratory test equipment, etc.
We’re delighted to work with them on the joint mission of speeding innovative new products from startups into warfighter’s hands.